How do I take a hotkey trigger such as ⌘V and replace it with ⇧⌥⌘V? Thanks!

I heard this one in a podcast but I can't figure out what the correct action is ... thanks!

Are you referring to wanting to setup a "hyper key" where you press one key and it simulates pressing command+option+control+shift?

Not exactly. In some apps when I type command v I want it to act as if I pressed command shift option v

Here is the relevant section discussed in the Automators podcast:

What she’s proposing seems to be this:

Replace ⌘V with ⌥⇧⌘V <6667 200221T133134>.kmmacros (2.3 KB)

Purpose is to automatically use Paste and Match Style (often ⌥⇧⌘V) when Paste ⌘V is pressed, in apps where you never want to paste the style.

I’ve put the macro in a “Paste and Match Style” group and activated the group for a couple of applications where the ⌥⇧⌘V shortcut works. Add/remove the apps of your choice in the group settings:

34-pty-fs8

Don’t put the macro in the Global Macro Group, because the shortcut is not available in every app.

Make sure to enable the macro group and macro

2 Likes

Wow thank you so much Tom! What I was missing was that “type keystroke” effectively changes one input to another. Thanks again!!

I do something very similar with an Fkey.
So I have for many years had a template printed on clear plastic taped to my keyboard above the Fkeys. It shows me what shift, option, command and just the Fkey will do, in words, like a menu.
For F3, I have paste time (shift) paste date (option) match style (command) and plain paste. These are all programmed in Keyboard Maestro.

Paste and match style is incredibly useful.

On my MacBook, I use BetterTouchTool to simulate the template, though I haven't used that nearly as much.