How do I use KM correctly to toggle macOS dictation mode?

How do I use KM correctly to toggle macOS dictation mode? This is set within Preferences/Accessibility/Dictation and Preferences doesn't use menu items to set its values. Is there some sort of correct way to trigger this without using the Preferences window?

Second question: once I've set dictation mode ON, then I still want to make it "Listen without requiring keyword phrase" and the only way I can see to set that is by clicking on an icon in the OS menu at the top of the screen. Is there some sort of correct way to trigger this without clicking on the icon?

@Sleepy The first part is a mystery. Some have simply made a KM macro to spawn the screens.

The second answer, if I'm understanding you correctly, you simply press the fn key twice to engage that mode and the fn key once to get out of it. I hope that helps.

Hmm, I understand. I acknowledge I may not have worded my question correctly. But I think you understood it.

As far as the double fn trick goes, it doesn't work for me, but that may be because I've removed some default shortcut somewhere. I should be able to find it, thanks.

I've seen your posts and figured you wanted something a little more technical. That's my bad.

Just in case you couldn't find where it's located, please see this screenshot.

Thanks. Some days, I'm just plain stupid.

Hmm. I can't send the "Fn" key through the Type a Key action. And I can't send it through "Simulate a hardware key" action either. But it seems I can change this to a regular keyboard key (Ctrl-Esc?), so it should work! Thanks for the help!

Right. Peter discussed this before. Here is one time it was discussed.

Okay thanks. I am perfectly happy with Ctrl-Esc for now.