How do I use "System Beep"?

The title says it all. But when I try to use it in a KM script it doesn't actually make the Macbook make a sound... Is this just a Macbook thing or is there something else I need to do?

#EDIT:
Now it's working... I have no idea what was up but after re-launching KM it's beeping fine :slight_smile:

You may want to use a slightly different string to trigger you macro, a string that you would not normally type.
For example: ;beep

Otherwise you may accidentally trigger the macro any time you type “beep” for other purposes.

Hahaha that was just to test the sound anyways :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t feel like pressing try every time… xD

I was hoping system beep would make the computer itself beep. You know, like the internal speakers in the CPU rather than the actual laptop speakers… I’ve been trying to figure out how I can get my computer to make that beeping sound at work whenever I get a new email :stuck_out_tongue: Currently I find it very difficult to know when I get an email even with the popup notifications…

What email app do you use?
Most of them allow for setting preferences on new mail.
And you can usually create a rule for new mail that does whatever you want.

Well at work we actually use windows as well :stuck_out_tongue: Was mainly wondering whether I could at least set it up on mac and try to port it over.

We use outlook at work and I’ve looked into writing some VBA events but to make the system beep (without it being rerouted through the graphics card) with vba is pretty damn difficult I found… I guess one assumes if you have a graphics card you have speakers of some sort…

Every Mac comes with built-in speakers.
I'm shocked (but not really) that there would be any PC today without a built-in speaker. But, maybe so.

IAC, I would expect even in Windows for there to be a system sound setting that allows you to set the default sound output.

*Sound. Sorry that was my mistake. And I think you didn't understand my point. Windows redirects the system32 beep system through the sound card, if it exists, by default

That's why I was saying it is difficult to achieve anyways..