How to associate Control+ B + C (^BC)

Hi

Is there possible to associate hot key , for example
"^CB" => type text hello

How to do this ?
Thx

Michael

1 Like

Possible, but not recommended because it is not very reliable.

Here is a TEST Macro that seems to work, but it is very dependent on your timing of pressing first ⌃B then ⌃C. The ⌃C must be held down for at least 0.5 sec.

IMO, it would be better to use a single letter with one or more modifier keys (like ⌃⌥B), or use the KM Trigger Macro by Name action.
For example, with Trigger by name, you could have "@BC" (or any other keyword you like) in the name of the Macro

Below is just an example written in response to your request. You will need to use as an example and/or change to meet your workflow automation needs.

Please let us know if it meets your needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MACRO:   Trigger Macro Using Multiple Keys @BC [Example]

-~~~ VER: 1.0    2020-07-03 ~~~
Requires: KM 8.2.4+   macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)+
(Macro was written & tested using KM 9.0+ on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave))

DOWNLOAD Macro File:

Trigger Macro Using Multiple Keys @BC [Example].kmmacros
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.

See: How do I use a multiple keystroke trigger?

1 Like

Yes, great. I just use conflict palettes triggered from a simple hot key combo now. It really works well and solves the 'how to remember all my shortcuts' problem better than key cue and any other method I tried. I think I used to be bothered by what I saw as an 'extra step' with conflict palettes, they come up so fast now that that isn't an issue in my opinion. It would be interesting to know why Michael needs to do what he asked?

the extra step with a conflict palette is marginal and after a while it feels pretty much just like using three keys. I have some groups of Safari tabs I open that way. One day I got confused because I went a bit slow and actually noticed the conflict palette for the first time in months. I had gotten so used to the sequence and so fast I had forgotten there was a palette involved and was starting to edit the macro!

By the way, in reference to something I said months ago. I found it impossible to monitor my own learning curve on here. One would need a proper lab type set up to even attempt it and I had no idea what kind of metrics etc. to use. I am pretty much where I want to be and very happy with my technically limited but essential use.

1 Like