How to Change Safari Web Inspector Font

###How to Change Safari Web Inspector Font

Well, I finally did it — I’ve upgraded to El Capitan.

One of my big motivations was to have access to the JXA debug tool in Safari.
But I found the Safari Web Inspector font to be way too small for me — very hard to read.

After much research, I finally came across this process to change the Web Inspector font, but I had to adjust it for Safari 9.1 (11601.5.17.1) on OSX 10.11.4.

####So, here’s my Gist Fork with instructions for Safari 9:
Safari 7 & 9 - Customise Web Inspector font

While AppleScript is a comfortable old friend, JavaScript for Automation (JXA) offers some features not directly available to AppleScript. One huge feature missing from the Apple Script Editor, is any real debugging tools. Now, with El Capitan, we have access to the Safari JavaScript Debugger and Console.

For more info on using the Safari Debugger, see
Debugging JXA Scripts with Safari Web Inspector in El Capitan

JXA is a great tool to use with Keyboard Maestro. Enjoy!

I really appreciate your working this out. One problem: the entire contents of Main.css — except for the initial comments — are on one line. Doesn't look like there is an easy way to temporarily change that then change it back. (It's not a question of which line endings are used.) What did you do? (And whatever it was, you should add it to your instructions.)

I did that so long ago I barely remember it, so I can't be of much help now.
You'll just have to do the ole "trial-and-error" method until you find something that works.
All I can say is that the approach I described in my Gist worked for me at the time.

Some web searching turned up the fact that ⌘= and ⌘- work for size, anyway.