The below was originally posted by @peternlewis in this topic: Illustrator saving options menu. I have made some formatting changes.
Popup menus are tricky to control. To select a popup menu, you need to simulate a click on the menu, and then use typeahead to select the desired item, ie actions:
Click on popup menu [using one of the below techniques]
Insert Text by Typing "Menu Name%Return%"
The tricky part is clicking on the menu. First, make sure you have paused long enough to allow the window to come to the front, and then you can need to click on the popup. You can click in one of these ways:
- if the window has keyboard focus, then you can click relative to the window, and if the popup menu is in a fixed location, then that may be a reliable solution.
click relative to the found image. If the popup menu always defaults to the same thing, then you can use the popup menu as the image. Otherwise, you need to click relative to something nearby that is consistent (like some label text).
To click relative to an image, you use the Mouse Click action:
- configure it to be relative to a found image, and
- take a screenshot of the desired area of the screen using Command-Control-Shift-4, and
- paste it into the image well on the action.
- The image has to be unique (which includes not being visible in the action
- if the image is small enough not to be shrunk in the image well) otherwise Keyboard Maestro will not know where to click.
- The Display option in the action will allow you to see where Keyboard Maestro is matching.