How To Use the KM Percent Encode a URL Filter
- Do not apply the filter to the entire URL, since some "special" characters must not be encoded.
- It is best to apply the filter only to the parts of the URL that you are providing, like from KM Variables
- Be aware that you must not encode any of the URL Query characters:
? = &when they are used as part of a query.
- For more info see: Percent-encoding (URL encoding) -- Wikipedia
Below is a discussion where @peternlewis clarifies the use of the KM filter Percent Encode a URL. Some of us had the wrong understanding of how to use this filter.
Peter, that is very unexpected behavior. I'm pretty sure most people would expect this filter action to encode the entire URL. I certainly did.
The KM Wiki does NOT mention this restriction.
KM Wiki Percent Encode Filter action
Percent Encode or Decode a URL.
- As of Ver 9.0: Percent Encode for URL will encode all non-alphanumeric characters.