Why oh why is image recognition so hit or miss? Sometimes I can take the same mouse click action within a larger macro that does not work, paste it into a new macro and it works. Sometimes KM seems to be confused about which screen to look at.
- should I not really rely on front window / all screens dropdown?
- is the Pause until Found Image any less reliable than the Move or Click Mouse action?
- is there any inherent bugs/issues with found image that cannot be remedied within KM with Big Sur?
I'm on M1 mac / 11.2.2
- Try adjusting the fuzziness, sometimes it might be detecting more than 1 candidate.
- Also try decreasing fuzziness AND changing to Unique, seems to give better results for some cases.
- And, enable the Display checkbox 'til it gives consistent results.
I'd rely more on Front window, and adding areas, if possible, to reduce candidates:
See: "Search in Specified Area"
Pause Until works fine, sometimes I use both, Pause Until AND Click. You can also use the results of Pause Until for the click position:
Thank you! This helped me think through a few things.
Why would you do it in the way you have shown instead of a more straightforward pause until and Mouse Click? Because you want to avoid looking for the image a second time?
glad it helped to some degree.
depends on the purpose. sometimes the Move and Click at Found Image is sufficient; other times, like in the example above: I can reuse the coordinates later in the macro, without having to use a Find Image action again (for example if a 2nd click depends on the coordinates of the first click)
Either way works