I'm looking to accomplish the following steps, albeit with more accuracy than I'm getting right now.
I need to accomplish the following;
- Retrieve the file name of a selected image element placed within a frame element in InDesign.
- Call Lightroom.
- Engage its search functionality, specifically targeting the metadata for file name.
- Insert the file name variable.
- Execute the search and let lightroom display the results in the grid layout.
Initiating a Search in Lightroom from a resource in InDesign
Keyboard Maestro Actions.kmactions (6.3 KB)
I think InDesign is reasonably scriptable.
Try asking over on the Script Debugger Forum for that portion of the task.
Eliminating the need to dig around for link panels and such, you simply create a shortcut for “Reveal In Finder” command. Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts... > Product Area: Panel Menus > Links: Reveal in Finder
Now fire up KB and assign the following basic steps
- Bring InDesign Forward
- Type the Shortcut Key you assigned to "Reveal in Finder"
- Bring Finder Forward
- Copy the filename (the revealed file will be highlighted by default)
- Type Command+W (closes the Finder window since you may be using the macro more than oce, so you want to keep things neat and tidy)
- Bring forward the Lightroom window and brutishly have your software issue the following commands
Reveal in Lightroom.kmmacros (7.8 KB)