Insert Text By Pasting Omitting Spaces

Hi there,
After the requisite search have not found mention of this. (I encounter gaps in my KM knowledge frequently and for the record, most of the time a search on the topic does turn up the solution!)
I've switched some of my macros to using Insert Text By Pasting instead of By Typing as I've realized it's faster, and I can restore the clipboard by using Delete Past Clipboard 0. That being said, I'm finding that the Insert By Pasting version is omitting blank spaces at the beginning or end of the text. I dug deeper and found there is a token I can use to insert a space instead of just typing a blank space into this action's field, but was surprised to find that the token got ignored as well. Is this a bug or a feature so to speak?

This is a problem with Brave Browser's address field, not KM. Try the same macro in any other app or a regular text field within Brave, and you should see that it works as expected. In the meantime, inserting by typing still works as expected, so you could always stick with that for this particular macro.

1 Like

Got it. Thank you!

1 Like