Interrupt a macro and ask

Can KM interrupt a macro and ask me if I want to stop or continue?

Basically as shown below, but instead of "Cancel" two buttons, "stop", "continue".

1 Like

I use the Alert Action.

KC

1 Like

Works perfectly. Many thanks. :smiley:

If you allow one more question. Could you add if no button is clicked in one minute, the macro will abort? Or does that happen automatically?

1 Like

Set a timeout under the gear icon. :+1:t3:

1 Like

So simple if you know it. Thank you!

1 Like

No @Frankb. I'm not sensitive about rushing to provide the solution and screenshots to your original question/post and not getting credit for it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, you're right!

Well then I stress here @kcwhat has done 3/4 and @noisneil the rest. Anyway, thank you both. :wink:

edit// By the way, if you are hunting for good solutions, talk to your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend, these are the people you are supposed to work out good solutions with. :innocent:

Hi, @Frankb. I often opt to use the Prompt For User Input action because it provides more flexibility. Here's an example you might want to consider.

Download: Prompt For User Input (with timeout).kmmacros (10 KB)

Macro-Image

Macro-Notes
  • Macros are always disabled when imported into the Keyboard Maestro Editor.
    • The user must ensure the macro is enabled.
    • The user must also ensure the macro's parent macro-group is enabled.

System Information
  • macOS 13.4.1 (22F770820d)
  • Keyboard Maestro v10.2

2 Likes

So we shouldn't expect you to ask for any additional KM Related solutions huh? Noted. :smiley:

If you have some time left for me after you've talked to the really important people, I'd be happy to take it. :wink:

Seriously, it really wasn't my intention to diminish your merits. I have already created three macros with your solution and more will follow. So thanks again for your help!!!

2 Likes