Is it possible to batch replace icons in multiple macros in KM 10?

thanks in advance for your time and help

1 Like

Not that I'm aware. I remember performing this years ago (on 300 plus macros) when I was creating my Citrix filing system. I couldn't find a native solution so I said... "this is Keyboard Maestro" - so I made my own. Once I was done, I deleted it and used templates to create from there. I should have kept it for you. It's a simple make though.

KC

1 Like

thank you for your comment.

I wonder if @gglick 's excellent search and replace and batch process triggers could be adapted to icons

1 Like

....annndddd subscribing to this topic because that's an interesting idea and one I would definitely be interested in :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is it possible to batch replace icons in multiple macros in KM 10?

If you copy āŒ˜C the icon from one Macro's icon Image Well, you can multiple select all the other Macros you want to have this icon (in the Macro Column) and press āŒ˜V to change them all in one step. I know this isn't a "batch" automated action but it still speeds up the process. I think this was introduced in KM10 or shortly before.

8 Likes

great !! thanks very much !
I would add that your writing is concise and clear.

3 Likes

Learn something new daily! I surely hope it was introduced after KM 9 and I didnā€™t do all that work before in vain. I surely remember creating a macro to change about 200 icons. :smiley:

Thanks @Zabobon !

3 Likes

Funnily enough I delayed mentioning this feature, as I assumed everyone here knew about it and it wasnā€™t the exact answer to the question about ā€œbatchā€ processing (which for me means pressing a button and making a coffee while the Mac works) :rofl:

2 Likes

Even funnier is the fact that maybe I knew this technique but forgot. I normally donā€™t delete macros. From time to time, I remove unused macros out of KM and into an old macro folder. I couldnā€™t find it so I assumed that I deleted it but this could be how I, previously, did mine. Hell man, who knows?ā€¦ I have so many macros that I recreate some macros that I already have. Imagine what @peternlewis goes through? Anyway, itā€™s good that you posted as a reminder to some and an answer to those that need it. Iā€™m trying to do a better job putting comments, with keywords, in my macros these days. Lord knows I can no longer keep all this in my headā€¦.

KC

2 Likes