Is It Possible to Change the Output Encoding of a Macro?

Hi!

Just purchased Keyboard Maestro for use as a macro bridge between my Mac and Nvidia Geforce Now.

For those who don't know, Nvidia Geforce Now is a remote virtual gaming rig (Nvidia supercomputers running your game in the cloud, and you just receive the video and audio stream, and send the input stream).

I want to copy text in my Mac, and send it through a macro to the Nvidia Geforce Now client, but the Mac and the remote rig are using different text encoding, so when the text arrives it has a lot of garbage in it (& translated as /, etc.)

Is there a way to change the encoding of the output as it is being "written" into the target application? Haven't found a way to do it.

I tried as a workaround to find out the "encoded translation" of the keystrokes, and replacing them in the clipboard (so the text looks weird on the clipboard, but when copied into Geforce Now it looks ok). Didn't work as well as I thought it would (there are keystrokes that don't seem to be "translatable").

Thanks for your help!

Please show us your macro and text input and output examples. Hard to help you without that kind of stuff.