Is It Possible to Use Apple Reminders to Trigger a Macro Somehow?

Currently I'm using an Apple calendar event to open a file, and the file is nothing but a macro trigger file.

I don't believe Apple Reminders send any kind of detectable event.

Maybe one day Apple will let you specify a Shortcut, and that could trigger a macro.

Your solution seems pretty reasonable.

1 Like

I believe that's quite impossible.

It's a miracle you can still launch a file using the Calendar – it hasn't been able to run AppleScripts for years now – unless you use applets (which I believe must be code-signed now).

Keyboard Maestro has periodic triggers, so you can use it to trigger timed events. It's not quite as simple as just entering a date and time, but it can be done and isn't too taxing once you learn how.

Unfortunately Keyboard Maestro cannot wake a Mac from sleep or from a powered-off state, but if you want to put in the skull sweat you can learn how to use the macOS Power Manager.

-Chris

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt response.

And thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Whoa that's some extravagant stuff to be learned.

I am from a non-technical background so might not make a sense for me to embark on that learning journey. Moreover, I use calendar because it enables me to see macros in calendar format (date wise).

Thanks for the prompt response and valuable input. I did not know such things exist.

P.S. : Cron trigger sounds interesting.

2 Likes