Is there a way to move the Logic Pro X plugin window?

Hi there, I tried to move the Logics plugin window but failed. Am I doing something wrong, or should I be doing it differently? Thanks.

If it's not working, the first step is to find out whether it's the trigger that's not working or the "Move action." Perhaps the simples way is to add a "Beep" sound to your macro so that you can hear if it's getting triggered or not. Then we will know what the problem is. I don't have Logic so I can't test.

When I changed it to “close the window,” it worked perfectly, but for some reason, “center” or “move” didn’t work.

Your second post pertains to a different window in Logic with a different title. That different window may respond differently to user input or KM actions. I still need to know the answer to my previous question which pertains to the original "Untitled" window. If I assumed all windows in Logic respond the same way, then I wouldn't be very "logical." :slight_smile: I don't want to assume that all windows in Logic are built the same way.

I changed the name here to ‘test,’ when I open the plug-in, the window closes, which means it works. However, when I try to change it to move the window command, it doesn’t work at all. To clarify, the name change was just a minor adjustment and doesn’t matter.

You might find an error message in the KM Engine log that tells you exactly what the problem is. Did you try that? The log would also be another way of determining if the macro was triggered.

Another solution is to not use the Move action, but instead use the Click/Drag mouse action using the Find Image option to determine where to drag. I see a big circular blue button that would be perfect for getting this to work. Would you like to use that solution, or do you want to see your solution working instead?

I think I came up with something that I am happy for now.

A PlugSearch MIDI controller message triggers this plugin!

It waits for the blue image and then drags it to an absolute position that works for most plugins.

In addition to the ‘wait for image’ activation, a second pause is added to allow the plugin to wait for the picture to be fully loaded.

Center Any Logic's Plugin Window Macro (v11.0.2)

Center Any Logic's Plugin Window.kmmacros (27 KB)

Yes, good, that's what I was talking about.