Keep Macro Group Palette open

Dear Forum,

I have a macro group palette which I call from another Macro. I would like the palette to stay open after a called action, but I can't find a solution for that, it always closes.

When changing the trigger to a key command I can make it stay open, but not by calling it from another macro...

Thanks for your help!

Howdy, welcome to the forum! As you might have already figured out, this is a great community full of people who love to help.

If possible, post the macro itself so we can take a look at it and see what might be going wrong. As one of the moderators likes to say, "If we're not testing we're guessing, and guessing often wastes people's valuable time". :laughing: If you need help on how to post the macro, just let us know and we can walk you through it.

If you haven’t had the opportunity to read this tutorial, I highly recommend it. It will help you get the most help for your question.

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

All that being said, if you are using the Activate Macro Group action, then you can select the option to “Show palette” instead of “Show palette for one action” from the dropdown menu.

Screen Recording (click to expand/collapse)

Screen Recording 2023-01-03 at 11.37.00 AM

-Chris

Dear Chris,

Thanks a lot, with your help I could solve the issue: in my action "Show Macro Group" I had Show palette for one action selected...

For anyone interested I attached the macro: when pressing and holding key "M" it shows my palette of macro group "CB MIDI", if "M" is pressed just shortly Keyboard Maestro just puts out an "M".

All the best,
Emre

Long Press M_Call Macro Group MIDI.kmmacros (19.9 KB)

Macro Image

Ok, glad you got it going!