Keyboard Maestro 8.2.4 “date short” expansion Macro with ICU modifications to explore the token concept I guess?

Here you are @ronald I don't know how to get a macro on here other than by creating a new topic which might be appropriate anyway since you want to see the Macro, maybe others will too and the token thread you started is getting long and winding?

It is really an expansion on TextExpander lines as I understand it. I mofidied the Short Date token in the tokens drop down menu for this action. I haven't tried modifying anything other tokens. This one is really useful for me. Of course I only keep the first action.

The string is just one I used on TE, the x at the start is how David Sparks advises to start them, I used it for a whole category, this is how I do short dates still. Sometimes without the time. I suppose "s" stands for 'short' and the doubling is also a stragey I use for expansion. "p p h i l" expands to "Philadelphia" for me for example. No "x" a lot of the time. "p p l " expands to "people". I often, though not as a matter of course, set the expansion to type rather than paste: good for form fill but really just an idiosyncracy of mine. I like to see longer ones write themselves.

Keyboard Maestro 8.2.4 “date short” Macro

date short.kmmacros (1.7 KB)

1 Like

thanks again

1 Like