Keyboard Maestro doesn't move nor click the mouse

Hello here.

I am setting up my first macro today trying to move and click the mouse within an application, but it looks like Keyboard Maestro is unable to move and/or click the mouse. It can see Maestro locating correctly the image (a button) I have pasted as location area (I see it with the Display checkbox checked), but nothing happens mouse side. No clicks, no moves.

I am on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.06. I am wondering if there is anything system-wide that I need to enable to let Maestro move the mouse without issues?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,
Fab.

1 Like

In System Preferences.app…

…go to “Security & Privacy”…

…click on ”Privacy” tab…

Click the “Lock” icon and enter your password.

…then click on ”Accessibility” in the left column.

On the right you will see a list of apps under the heading “Allow the apps below to control your computer”.

Both Keyboard Maestro and Keyboard Maestro Engine should be in that list. If not use the + arrow to add them.

The path to the Engine.app is

/Applications/Keyboard Maestro.app/Contents/MacOS/Keyboard Maestro Engine.app
1 Like

If you have any troubles with accessibility (eg typing keystrokes, selecting menus, copy/paste, etc), you need to toggle the accessibility permissions (System Preferences, Security & Privacy, Privacy, Accessibility) for Keyboard Maestro and Keyboard Maestro Engine off and then on again.

Yes! Thank you so much guys. I checked those settings and they were already checked, but I didn't think about "toggling" them off and then on again. That made the trick... now it works!

Thanks again very much, appreciated your help.

All the best,

1 Like