Keyboard Maestro Editor opens on its own

I’m using Keyboard Maestro 8.0.3 on an Mac with macOS 10.12 Sierra.

Since a couple of days the Keyboard Maestro Editor window opens on its own whenever I start my Mac. I have (and always had) the Keyboard Maestro Engine in my Login Items but I don’t have the Keyboard Maestro Editor there.

Does anybody know how I can stop this? Thanks.

Hey Karsten,

What did you change a couple of days ago that might have caused this? It’s unlikely that KM is responsible.

Have you double-checked your log-in items?

Have you tried quitting all applications and then rebooting?

Have you looked at the editor and engine logs after rebooting?

See “Open Logs Folder” in the Help menu of the Editor.

If nothing fixes it then report back.

-Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris,

I changed two things a couple of days ago: 1.) I changed the Dropbox preferences so that Dropbox starts at computer startup. 2.) I updated the Fujitsu ScanSnap “Receipts” software. I have no Dropbox related Keyboard Maestro shortcuts or other things, but I do have several ScanSnap software related shortcuts (and the actual ScanSnap scan software starts at computer startup).

I now changed the Dropbox preferences back to its previous state (of not starting at computer startup) and restarted the computer.

Result: No Keyboard Maestro Editor window opened automatically (but the engine, of course, started as usual).

Very strange, isn’t it?

Karsten

Hey Karsten,

That is peculiar.

Do you have any Keyboard Maestro related stuff in Dropbox?

-Chris

The same thing started happening to me as well. Keyboard Maestro used to start up in my menu bar and then in December every time I restart the editor window opens.