Keyboard Maestro + Final Cut Pro Keywords + StreamDeck

I have a Stream Deck and it would be way more useful to me if it was able to dynamically display keywords associated with Final Cut Pro projects I have.

Currently I can obviously make it trigger keywords but the stream deck doesn\t show me what the keywords are and since they're different for every project it's laborious and I feel probably more tedious than it needs to be.

Is there a way of having KM pull down all the keywords associated with a project and add them to the Stream Deck button?

I tried asking on Command Post but luacode is beyond me and I'm not sure it would help anyway.

I don't have any experience with FCP but I have been using a SD for a few months now and I have found that dynamically updating it's buttons via Keyboard Maestro is challenging.

Perhaps the key question here is what is causing the keywords to change? Is it user input? If so, you could make a simple macro to update the SD buttons that you can run yourself whenever you change keywords. However, the issue there would still be how to get Keyboard Maestro to read those keywords. That's something I have absolutely zero knowledge on but likely others here know more about it.

On the other hand, if the changing keywords is something that FCP is doing (like when you switch between projects), there would have to be a way for Keyboard Maestro to recognize that and I don't imagine that’s possible with its native triggers.

-Chris

Yeah I'm hoping Command Post might be able to help