Keyboard Maestro House Cleaning

Hi all,

How do I safely cleanup my Keyboard Maestro Macros?

Over the years, I have created a bunch of various Macros. I have created various macro folders and disabled macros that are no longer used.

Now I would like to clean out all the legacy unneeded stuff - and just keep what I'm currently using.

Before deleting various Legacy items, I would like to be able to create a legacy back up file in case I need to referred to it in the future and reload something.

As an example it would be nice in the future to be able to see the individual Legacy macros and somehow safely import one at a time (not everything) to check it out and possibly reuse it.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to best set this up?

Thanks in advance– Dave

I export old macros to an Old Keyboard Maestro Macros folder. This folder is backed up to two other locations. Once done, I delete them out of my KM editor.

3 Likes

This where (I think) I've said before on this forum that "last used" and "created" time stamps could be really handy for macros.

2 Likes

This might be of interest - @DanThomas’ macro

Could perhaps be used as a basis for developing something more “automatic”?

1 Like

Thanks for these ideas!

1 Like

Try this - it does exactly what you want. Macro Repository Suite: Backup and Version Control for Keyboard Maestro

2 Likes

I can vouch for that - I use it every 2 or 3 days.

What I can’t explain is why I didn’t offer it up as a solution to the OP’s question!

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Macros have last used and created time stamps, you can sort your macros by them, and the Macro Inspector will display them.

3 Likes

There are many options with Smart Groups and/or the Editor's Search function as well:

https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/manual/Search_Strings

-Chris

Ah. I realise now I was getting confused with Shortcuts. :slight_smile:

Thanks much for the link.