Keyboard Maestro's Native Stream Deck Plugin Versus Kmlink Plugin

My KMLink have recently malfunctioned.

The macro just keep loading, and it won't fetch the macros from Keyboard Maestro anymore.

All previously preset and working buttons in SD have been nulled.

I've tried the following:

1. Reinstall KM.
  2. Reinstall Streamdeck Software.
  3. Reinstall KMLink plugins.
  4. Check and provide all access rights within MacOS to both SD and KM softwares.
  5. Erase and delete my MacOS internal drives for clean wipe out. Repeat 1-4.

Any idea what and where went wrong? All advises are much appreciated.
I just couldn't find the root cause anymore.

(I'm removing this comment because it was likely my fault things didn't work right, not the plug-in.)

@leicaman
Well, it's not very constructive, it could have been useful to report the bugs to me, here or on github. I'm surprised to hear "so buggy". What does it mean ?
I may be rebellious to add new features to KMLink but i don’t want to let a bug that i could fix. But i need to know the bug…

@TClim
KMLink is really not so complicated. It just must be able to read the KM Macros dictionary there:
/users//library/application support/ keyboard maestro/keyboard maestro macro.plist
If this file is not there or for some reason is not readable, KMLink will load forever.
Can you check that and let me know ?

3 Likes

Appreciates your response, corcules.

I couldn't be sure if this is the issue as I've reverted my MacOS via Time Machine to the day before I installed Keyboard Maestro for the first time and it seems to work with KMLink already.

I'll be sure to check this out if the same incident reoccured in the future (touch wood it doesn't).

Thank you.

It stopped working for me, and everything I tried didn't work. I thought I had sent feedback, but stopped paying attention becuase KM's plug-in has so many features yours didn't at the time. Being able to change Macro icons, etc. So I never looked back, It was probably unfair for me to make that characterization. I'll edit the post.