Keyboard Shortcut to Activate the Global Path Finder Menu

Path Finder 10 has an icon in the menu bar that gives access to a host of useful things like recent documents, folders etc.
It seems the only way to activate it is with a mouse. I want to create a keyboard shortcut to activate it, does anybody have any ideas on how I could this?

I've seen an old workaround via System Preferences->Keyboard using 'move focus to the menu bar'. It uses Ctrl+Fn+F2. This doesn't work and in any case it conflicts with Keyboard Maestro's record macro.

I would appreciate any ideas on this could be done with a Keyboard Maestro macro.

Hey Duncan,

Try this.

-Chris

Open Global Path Finder Menu v1.00.kmmacros (5.8 KB)

Macro-Image

Keyboard Maestro Export

Thank you. This is helpful.

1 Like

Thanks for this Chris. I'm having a problem getting it to work, here's what I've tried.

First, I enabled it and tried it with your shortcut, nothing happened. I then changed the shortcut to ⌃⌥↑⌘A and even tried another in case there was a conflict. Again nothing happened. With the keyboard shortcuts I don't get any sounds or failure messages.

In Keyboard Maestro if I run try it works perfectly.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks, Duncan

@duncmac It is working on my side but added an if.. then to make sure path finder is running. It works beautiful.
Thanks @ccstone

1 Like

Hey Duncan,

Did you make sure both the macro and the macro group were enabled?

-Chris

Hey Duncan,

One other thought.

Provided the parent macro group and the macro are enabled – are they active in the context you're activating the macro?

Is the macro group global in context?

-Chris

Thanks Chris, I hadn't enabled the group. It's working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like