KM Keeps Opening Print Dialogue Box in Google Chrome

Since installing and using KM, the print dialogue box opens randomly in Google Chrome. I only have one keyboard shortcut that opens the program and disabling this does not stop the print dialogue box from opening up spontaneously.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

gswpitt.

Hey Gary,

Welcome to the forum!  :smile:

Leave the Keyboard Maestro Editor running.

The next time your print dialog pops up use the Dock to switch to the Keyboard Maestro Editor.

Then select the last-used macro:

If Keyboard Maestro was the culprit then that macro should be the one causing the issue.

-Chris

Thank you.

Great suggestion.

Gary.

When I randomly read posts on this forum I tend to learn things. Like here. I never used that feature of KM either. That's a pretty astute solution.

1 Like

Ooooh, this would be a handy AppleScript command/property.

@gwpitt, Chris @ccstone has shown you a great tool. However, sometimes you may need to look at the list of recently run macros to find the culprit. To do this, click and hold on the "Recently Run Macros" button:

This example illustrates the need for this. I have a macro that is triggered very often, every time a window or window title changes, so it is almost always at the top of the list.
When I am debugging, it is almost never the Macro I want to edit/review.

If you need more detail, like the exact time and frequency a macro was run, you can view the KM Engine log at KM > Help > Open Logs Folder.

For anyone who's interested in viewing and editing recently executed macros without going to the KM Editor first, I wrote a macro to help with that a while ago: KM8: List Last n Macros Executed

I've found this to be a great help in verifying that a macro was triggered and tweaking one that was recently run if it isn't quite working correctly.

1 Like

Thanks again for all the great answers/

gswpitt