I’m thinking about writing a KM macro to search using Dash, an API Documentation Browser and Code Snippet Manager. It’s not a great Snippet manager, but the API/syntax search is awesome.
I’ve searched the forum, and in general, and have not found anyone who has done this, but I thought I’d check here just in case. If you have such a macro, or know of one, and don’t mind sharing, please post here.
I don’t expect it to be that hard.
Here’s the design:
- User selects text to use in search
- User enters search terms into KM dialog
- Remove all blanks, dashes, slashes, etc because Dash just wants all search words concatenated with no spaces, etc.
- Invoke Dash to do the search (not sure how yet, doesn’t look like AppleScript will work)
– This is effectively the same as using the Dash Service which is installed with Dash
- Dash then opens and shows the search results.
#4 will take some research and testing.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please post here.
I’ll post in the “macro” category section when done.