KM pauses when distracted for a few moments

I have a macro that has a pause for the "enter" key to be pressed to continue. At times, I need to perform an update within the same application. After doing the update I then hit the "ENTER" key and nothing happens. I hit it multiple times and then the macro resumes. It is almost as if the macro has gone to sleep and then "wakes up" and resumes. I can't figure out why. Mac Mini M1 2020, Sonoma 14.3.1
This has occurred through multiple upgrades on Sonoma. Can't remember if it started with Sonoma...

Just a few shots in the dark here:

• Does the macro lose focus when you do your update in the application it runs in?

• Is it really waiting for Enter and not Return?

And some troubleshooting advice:

• Take a look at the Engine log (it's on the Help menu in the Keyboard Maestro editor) to see if there's a clue.

• Try the Interactive Help under the Help menu.

When this has happened to me, it was because the macro lost focus (I had clicked away) and it wasn't paying any attention to keystrokes. I had to return focus to the macro (clicking in its HTML window) to get it to continue.

Hey, Kevin.

Welcome! You'll find lots of helpful people here :slight_smile:

Sometimes, it's easier to help if you upload your macro or a screenshot, in case we can spot something in an action or suggest alternate approaches. Maybe give that a shot is @mrpasini's advice doesn't get you straightened out.

The issue and solution is answered at length here:

Thank you for your help. I am trying unchecking the "reduce CPU" on the pause to see if that helps. Appreciate your response.

1 Like