I looked through the crashlogs that I have received for 8.0, there are only two kinds currently:
- The editor crashes with old Color Pickers in High Sierra
- There is a crash that can happen when palettes close.
I have a workaround attempt for the first one, and a fix for the second one.
If you have some other crash, I can’t find it currently, please send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have one other report of Search and replace Clipboard actions disappearing. I tried duplicating that and could not. I received a copy of the users macros and re-imported them without issue. So I am a bit at a loss on this currently. I suggested this possible course of action:
- Launch Keyboard Maestro 8.
- Select File ➤ Quit Engine
- Select Help ➤ Open Preferences Folder
- Quit Keyboard Maestro
- In the Keyboard Maestro folder in the Finder:
- trash the Keyboard Maestro Macros.plist file
- duplicate the Keyboard Maestro Macros Saved Version 7.plist and rename it to “Keyboard Maestro Macros.plist”
- Launch Keyboard Maestro 8
- Check the missing actions macro.
If that fails to work properly, please send your Keyboard Maestro Macros.plist and Keyboard Maestro Macros Saved Version 7.plist files to email@example.com and tell me what macro is missing actions.
There is also an issue with Search & Replace with regex expressions that contain non-matching capture sections (ie, something like “(xxx)?” which will cause the action to fail. This is also fixed.
I also had a couple reports of this, which is definitely weird. I don’t know if it is related to the lose Search & Replace actions or not. Can you re-add the “R”? And why “R”? I have no idea on this one yet, I have to think it’s something really stupid I’ve done somewhere.