This is one of the macros I haven’t been able to make it work reliably, so any help will be much appreciated.
I am using a Synology NAS and I’d like to mount one of the drives automatically when I’m at home. The problem is that I end up having the same volume mounted multiple times. Which based on my logic is almost impossible except the case that multiple trigger events would happen simultaneously.
For this I’ve created a macro with the following triggers:
- at login
- at system wake
- wireless network is connected
- hourly between 5am - 2am
In the actions:
I test that the following conditions are all met:
- the volume is not mounted yet
- the wireless network is connected
if these conditions are passing then execute some AppleScript ignoring the results
tell application "Finder" try mount volume "..." end try end tell
- should I reduce the number of triggers?
- what triggers could work better?
- are there other conditions I should be checking for?