Logic Pro Macro List – ADD YOURS!

Hi, I tried some of the macros but they didn't work on my system ...
fe the strip macro stopped here : "Macro Cancelled
Move or Click Mouse no unique image
found. Macro "Strip" cancelled (while
executing Move and Click at (0,18) from
the Center of the Found Image)."

Am I supposed to change mouse settings or is it a Logic Version issue.
Would love to use your macros, the seem to be quite helpful. MY Logic Version is 10.7.4
kind regards, Jens Oettrich

1 Like

Hi @jensoettrich and welcome to the forum!

It's a long post so I'm not surprised if you didn't read all of it, but at the top, I do mention that these are mostly pre-10.7.x macros, and I'll upload the new versions as and when they're requested.

I assume you're referring to Strip Preset, so I've updated that one for you. You may still need to replace the found image, depending on the resolution of your screen. It's of the top of the Channel Strip Setting box, carefully cropped so as not to include any text.

Screenshot

Pasted_Image_04_06_2022__14_05

Let me know if any others are of interest.

Incidentally, I'm currently beta-testing the latest version of PlugSearch, which includes searching and loading Channel Strip Presets as a new feature.

Hi noisneil,
thanks for your reply and for your work.
Yes, I understand. I guess, the main difference between your Logic Version and mine is: Mine is set to German Language. Since Monterey program language is automatically set to system language. But I m still quite interested in your solution to use KM and Streamdeck for tasks. Plug Search sounds interesting as well. So I m still interested in everything that helps speeding up the workflow in Logic. To be honest I didn't understand most of the operations in your macro chain. I created one by myself, so if you are interested to check it out, just let me know. kind regards Jens

I'm always interested! :grimacing:

Hi Neil,
Here´s how I call a Kontakt Instrument (in this case Starlight)
What do you think ?
Kind regards
Jens

Insert Kontakt Straylight.kmmacros (10.2 KB)

1 Like

The found images are missing as you're referring to files on your HD, but I get the idea. You might like my "Drill" macro as it simplifies the process of selecting the plugin a bit:

Here's a few of many that i've made. I'll upload more as I have time.
These rely on applescript instead of found images. I did have to update them once when a logic
update broke the applescript gui stuff, but that shouldnt happen too often. :wink:
[REGION_AUDIO_FADE] Display Fade Dialog.kmmacros (4.4 KB)
[REGION_AUDIO_FADE] Region Fade In 2ms.kmmacros (2.4 KB)
[REGION_AUDIO_FADE] Region Fade Out 10ms.kmmacros (2.7 KB)

1 Like

Nice way to get the click position! :clap:t3::clap:t3:

Remove plugins, MIDIFX and sends from slots by just hitting ESCAPE (or any other key or shortcut you decide to use as trigger)
Danny Wyatt - Remove plugin, MIDIFX or send.kmmacros (424.8 KB)

For those using PlugSearch, it's probably not useful for you (PlugSearch is actually faster). If any of you know how to implement the same workflow to make this macro faster without depending on found images, please share :slight_smile:

You can still use this macro for Sends, because PlugSearch doesn't remove sends.

1 Like

As you know, PlugSearch removes plugins if you hit its hotkey while hovering over a plugin, but doesn't currently do the same for sends. I account for this in my PlugSearch Search (Plugin) macro like this:

Screenshot

If you don't have PlugSearch and you want to be able to do this for plugins too, you can just add a few extra found images to the If/Else conditions as the rest of the process is the same.

@noisneil

Yes, I do have PlugSearch, but as I mentioned on another topic, I'm trying to have as few apps as possible, if I can just use and customize my experience with just KM.

Your macro has an issue, which I was testing today. If you have the action to hit N, it not always picks the No Plugin option. Look here how Noise Gate is at the top, so hitting N would click that option:
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 2.55.35 PM

Also, for the images you picked, I don't know how you got those images, but mine always show the name of the send, for example:
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 2.49.07 PM

So I assume that would show me an error?

I'm not sure the advantages of using the variables instead of the images themselves? Also when you use midx and midy, wouldn't it mean the middle of the image? If so, on a normal insert, that would open the plugin itself:
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 2.53.30 PM

I'm always interested on these other approaches, so I can learn.
Would you say these would be faster in execution compared to mine?

Ok, so switch out simulating the "N" key for an Insert Text By Typing action, to type "No ". Notice the blank space, which should differentiate from "Noise Gate".

Ah yes. I only ever use this in the Mixer window, not the track header, so it works fine for me. By all means, just grab a smaller image, like the ones you used in your macro.

Fewer images being searched for. We're using the first found image to set the coordinates and then re-using them.

Yes, I suppose it would; I don't use it for that, as I've said. However, you could offset the click using the found image's dimensions so it will always click at the right, like this:

Search (Plugin).kmmacros (67.8 KB)

Screenshot

I would think very slightly, yes, as there are fewer found images being found, although in my experience, KM finds images very quickly.

I will try that. Thanks.

Well, but remember that there are 2 options in the mixer that change the width of those buttons, so if someone downloads your macros and has their mixer set to large, it will show the name of the bus like the one I showed you.
That's why my macros used images, because it fits everyone's settings.

I have to check this.
Can you explain what the /2 - 10 means? By changing any of these numbers, would I be able to keep moving the place of the mouse to a specific position I want it to click?
I'm asking because this can be useful for other scenarios, so I would like to understand what those mean, if you can explain? Thank you!

I mean, it's that I die inside because of the time it takes on my end haha but I noticed that PlugSearch is super fast and if I can avoid extra actions and increase the speed a bit, why not, right? :slight_smile:

So do mine; they just use them more efficiently, which I think is what you wanted. Change the images to a portion that doesn't include the text area (like in your macro) and you're good to go.

It's dividing the total found image width by 2 to give you the number of pixels from the centre to the edge on the X axis, then deducting 10 so that it's not right on the very edge.

Hey all,

Thank you for all your help and for all your effort with the macros you've created here.

Noisneil; I'm having some difficulties with the macros above when I try to use them in my system. I'm brand new to all this.

Thanks

Conor

Hi Conor and welcome to the forum!

As it says in the post, many of these are outdated, and I'll update them upon request. Which ones are you having trouble with and what are the issues?

Hey Noisneil,

I'd say it's pretty much all of them. I'm on the latest Mac OS and version of KM

I'm just generally interested in speeding up workflow in my sessions so I'd probably start with track stacks and exporting stems.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
C

Ok so I'm assuming you've tried to run them and they fail? Do you see any error notifications from the KM Engine?

No error messages, I get a "beep" noise and nothing really happens.

For some reason, I can no longer edit the original post. @ccstone, I believe you're a moderator...?

Here's an updated version of the Stack macro. I'm assuming you have a Stream Deck, as this is designed to use its KMLink plugin.

Stack.kmmacros (116.4 KB)

Here's an updated version of the Bounce Tracks macro:

Bounce Tracks.kmmacros (92.1 KB)

These work for me with Logic 10.7.4.