Logic Pro - Macro Megathread (2022)

I think Logic made the plugin windows "unseeable" by KM in v10.7.x by changing their window designation. I can't remember what to, but yeah they a bit trickier to interact with now.

I might be wrong about being able to save learned assignments per plugin. I'll have to have a look later.

Hello. Thank you for the work you are doing to improve the lives of Logic Pro X users. I purchased Keyboard Maestro to do channel-by-channel export from Logic. I have tried different scripts from this thread. And they don't work for me. But the scripts that I make myself using the record function do work. Could you please help me? I'm looking for a script that would export each track in turn, passing it through the master processing and all the groups through which it passes. That is, it would solo the track and take the sound from the master. And then name the resulting files according to the name of the tracks. Thanks for your help)

Have you tried this macro?

If you have, and it doesn't work for you, can you tell me what problems you've come up against?

Yeah, I tried it. I only get one track exported. After that nothing else happens.

I'm going to DM you as this could become a long conversation...

1 Like

Moving discussion here as it was quite Logic-focussed. I'm well acquainted with PlugSearch and this thread (as well as grateful!).

Who knows if it will be useful, but I've been trying to make an all-in-one search bar for the things PlugSearch doesn't do, covering all menu diving purposes.

At the moment, it's a Prompt with List of some comma separated strings, that navigate menus to favourite locations (it adapts your plugin drill macro)

• Setting Sidechain, Send or Outputs to known Bus locations in my template, like a reverb
  • MIDI Transform functions
  • Favourite automation parameters
  • Favourite channel strips
  • Load a plugin, then select a preset, then optionally select a side chain or run some other macro

There are other ways to do these things, but it was fun so far.

It's just with this hotkey, all of the options show up wherever you are, which is why I got interested in the UI element I'm hovering over.

1 Like

Excellent! Please share when you're ready and if you'd like a collaborator in the meantime, feel free to message me with your work in-progress.

1 Like

Hey! Just bought KM too and same thing happens to me. Im running Ventura 13.4 on a M1 Max and Logic 10.7.9. Any ideas why? Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum!:wave:t3:

Can you be specific about what isn't working for you?

As you're new to KM, it's worth pointing out that macros downloaded from this thread will be disabled until you manually enable them. The option to do this is under the right-click contextual menu.

Thanks! Yeah, I enabled all the macros, tryed to trigger them and it seems like the macros like bounce subs, all the "bounce track stacks" etc. menu appears, but when its supposed to start interacting with Logic nothing happens. Same with all of the other macros.

Hi all,

Is there a macro that can batch rename tracks? To elaborate, I'd like to rename a particular amount of tracks to have a prefix (for example drums_'track1' drums_'track2' etc.)

Can someone help me make a macro that can do this?

You can do that without a macro.

• Select multiple tracks.
  • Hold cmd and double click the first track's name field. box in the mixer (this may also work in the Tracks window; I forget).
  • Type a track name ending in a number (e.g. "Drums 1" and hit Enter.

Yeah I know this feature but that is not what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear :slight_smile:

lets say you have a drum group with 4 tracks:

• kick
  • snare
  • hat
  • tom

I would like a macro that does this:

• prompt me how many tracks should be renamed (in this case 4)
  • ask me a custom prefix input: in this case drums_

outcome:

• drums_kick
  • drums_snare
  • drums_hat
  • drums_tom

Hope I've explained it clearly!

Ok I just got home and knocked this up. Should do the trick:

Track Prefixes.kmmacros (51 KB)

Macro screenshot

YES! This just saved me a lot of time :slight_smile: Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Is there a macro here that would let me assign track colour to a number of tracks based on what the name of the track starts on..

All drum tracks coloured blue , keys orange and so on.

If this macro also organises the tracks into folder stacks with the Prefix given after colouring it.
This would definitely speed up my workflow.

Also Menu diving is a hassle and i couldn't get Plugin Drill to work for some reason.
I would buy the Plugsearch application for this particular reason only.. but considering i am a student with little to no income.. I'd rather make do with a KM macro to serve this purpose.

Any help would be appreciated. :innocent:

Hi and welcome to the forum! :wave:t3:

That doesn't exist but is doable.

Tricky but possibly doable as long as the tracks are contiguous by type and there aren't already any track stacks.

Are you able to do some debugging to tell me the point at which it fails?

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 14.52.52

Forgive me if its a silly mistake.. I'm quite new to KM and just trying to make sense of stuff.
The macros are enabled

My first suspicion is that the found image might need to be recaptured.

Try turning on the Display function and run the macro.

If the image is correctly captured, you should see a single highlighted area onscreen. If not you'll have to take a new screenshot of the area in question, which I can talk you through.