Logic Pro - Macro Megathread (2022)

Nice! I’ll try tomorrow, thanks

I've gone with the "toggle rosetta on or off' option - it seems to make sense to me. Thanks

Hi, I use a KM macro to insert a UAD plugin (using plugsearch) triggered by a stream deck button. All good, until I downloaded the native UAD plugins. Now if I have the native (UADx) plugins visible in PS, it always loads the native one and not the original (DSP) one. Can I modify my KM macro to take account of this, as the UADx plugins now appear at the top go the PS field?

Firstly, you might want to consider using the KM Link Stream Deck plugin instead of the standard KM one. That way you can pass the plugin name from the SD button parameter field, accessibke as %TriggerValue%, and you'll only need a single macro, referenced by all buttons, like this:

I don't use UADx any more, but if you want to differentiate UAD plugin types, here's one idea:

You might be able to play around with categories and automate drilling down into your UAD DSP category (for example) before typing the plugin name. You'll have to put all your non-native UAD plugins in the UAD DSP category of course. I'm not able to test this, but I'm hopeful it should work for you.

PlugSearch - UAD-UADx.kmmacros (48 KB)

Macro screenshot

Here's how you'd set the parameter field in the KM Link SD plugin for UAD and UADx respectively:

Thanks for this!
I don't see/understand how the KM Link stream deck plugin is different to the standard one? I'll download it to have a look though. Thanks
I'm afraid I don't see the "SD button parameter filed" either, is that part of the KM link SD plugin?

In your 2nd suggestion, putting all non-native UAD plugins (in int's own category)is a little daunting/time consuming, but maybe I can do it for the Ines that clash with the UADx plugins?
Thanks

It's what you should always use unless you want to dynamically set the SD button image.

Yes.

You can do it any way you like. It was just one option, which shows that it should be possible with a bit of thought.

Hi, I've set all the SD buttons (to trigger KM macro's) to have their own unique icon (dynamics for example - each compressor has its own icon and SD button) which I find helps.

Will try different categories for native and DSP plugins.

Thanks again.

You misunderstand. The key word is "dynamically". Both plugins can have a button icon; the difference is whether you want that icon to be changed by KM.

Have a read of the thread I linked to above and all will become clear.

Ok, will do

I understand now, very useful the KM link.
But, I currently have a few chains, like inserting an AU and then the gain plug-in on that channel, and then have the gain plug-in closed using a found image. Could I do this from the KM link or should I stick to the standard native SD link?

Either -- these are functions of the KM macro.

The difference between the two KM Stream Deck plugins is that one lets you programmatically change the icons on the Stream Deck's buttons from KM while the other doesn't.

Yes, I see that now. Thanks

How would I categorise the "UAD DSP plug-ins" ? Do I need to create a folder somewhere that has the UAD DSP plugins in?
Thanks

You can create a folder in Logic's Plug-in Manager.

Thanks.

Hi,

Great work on creating these macros and this thread!
I am new to keyboard maestro, but I have gotten some of the macros here to work, but I am struggling to get "Chords to divisi" to work. Do you have any idea as to why that is?

Best,
Aleksander

Can you try to describe the issue?

The way it works for me is:

I select a midi region containing chords, run the macro and it separates the chords into individual voices on new midi tracks. Does that not happen for you? Does anything happen at all?

Have you checked that the macros' simulated key commands tally with yours?

Thank you for your quick reply!

At first nothing happened, but I now changed the keystrokes (locators to region) to correspond with my own in logic.
Then it does the first shortcut-action (locators to region), then the menu comes up where I can choose how many parts
Skjermopptak 2024-04-27 kl. 14.03.25.mov
, then it kind of "flashes" for a while, and then nothing happens.
I've added a screen capture and some screenshots so you can see what it looks like at my end.

Thank you again!

fre. 26. apr. 2024 kl. 22:14 skrev noisneil <kmforum@forum.keyboardmaestro.com>:

Sorry if this has already been said, but didn't Logic add a key command to focus the text field a few versions back? 'Search Patch'

The thing I've been able to do less reliably is select the first result (for purposes of making a PlugSearch style patch search)

I see a few other key commands that need changing... Have a look through and make sure each one matches.