Logic Pro - Search Projects for Plugins in the Finder

This is my implementation of a php script developed by @beely that will return information about the plugins used by Logic Pro projects selected in the Finder.

Use case examples:

1:

Problem: Geist 1 is no longer supported and I know that one day I'll upgrade MacOS to find that all the projects that use it are suddenly unplayable.

Solution: I select my Sessions folder, trigger this macro, and search for "Geist". After a short while, I am presented with a list of all projects that use that plugin, and am able to open each one and freeze/bounce each instance.

2:

Problem: I want to open a project that contains plugins not installed on my system. What's the easiest way to determine what they are?

Solution: I run this macro and use the Uninstalled function which returns a list of all plugins I'll need to install before opening the session.

Plugin Report.kmmacros (86.9 KB)

Screenshot

Setup:

Change the path in the green action to point to your copy of the lrep php script. Download it here.

In Use:

Select a Logic Project or a folder that contains multiple Logic Projects and run this macro. (Subfolders are supported.)

This will pop up:

CleanShot 2022-07-02 at 13.44.21

If you're running this on a single project file or a folder with a few inside, it should run very quickly. If you're running it on your entire projects folder with hundreds or thousands of files in, plan on a coffee break. :coffee:

By default, search results will be trimmed to include only information about the latest project Alternative. If a single project is selected, you can choose "All" from the dropdown to include all previous Alternatives too. (This option will not appear if a folder of projects is selected.)

Show Uninstalled and Show All will run their respective commands, and Search will open a second prompt before searching the Finder's selection for that particular plugin:

CleanShot 2022-07-01 at 12.29.01

Finally, a clean and readable report is displayed at the centre of the screen.

3 Likes

Hi,
Your php script is perfect :slight_smile:

For some of my projects, I have this listed plugin :

rofile [txet ypoC ----] [2] * Not Installed -- [rofile]

Do you know what it could be ?
Thanks

It's not my script; it's @beely's. Perhaps he'll be able to advise.

1 Like

As I've been working on a Mac app version of this, I have made a lot of improvements in the plugin handling compared to this early php prototype version released to testers. Nobody at the time of developing it reported any plugin matching issues, but I've since found a bunch of edge cases and made improvements while working on the Mac version. The php prototype was never really intended to be released at large, but Neil did the wrapping work so people could at least use it.

I don't plan on backporting those to the php prototype version that Neil's KM macro wraps - or at least, I haven't thought I would even need to - so it's not perfect in the form that was made available to testers - it is what it is. You can ignore that erroneous match in your results, it's not a plugin.

(Note - this doesn't mean the php script is bad, it just means that I've made a bunch of improvements since then as I develop out the mac version properly.)

1 Like