Loupedeck CT USB controller?

Anyone tried out this new Luopedeck CT controller yet? I just discovered it and have one in the mail. After poking around at their editor I found it to be quite limiting so far, but its still rather new. Reached out to the creators about joining their 3rd party developer program and they replied that they plan to have the SDK available in the new year and will be making its API public.

I was happy to see KM add support for the streamdeck, but my use cases really need encoders. Would be awesome to see KM add native support for this little guy as well. =D

I too have one of these devices and would love to see tighter integration with KM

Can you program a key to LAUNCH an app in the Loupedeck CT?

I haven’t found a way of doing that. The CT seems only to respond to apps that are already running.

So there is no way to run any type of Keyboard Maestro macro (AppleScript trigger file) on the device?

When I looked at this (a few weeks ago) KM was unable to “see” the CT or any of its controls so I was unable to use it like I do, for example, my Streamdeck. To KM the CT did not exist and so was unusable. I didn’t explore using AppleScript as I’m not very familiar with it.

They recently opened the SDK to everyone at https://developer.loupedeck.com/

I haven't had the time to work on a plugin for KM yet as i've been focusing on TouchDesigner and OBS so far. Unfortunately i'm inexperienced with C# so its going rather slowly. I haven't tried to integrate anything in to KM before either, so i'm not really certain where to start with it.

After they opened the SDK they also enabled the creation of new profiles: when it was first released, CT could control certain applications like Photoshop, Lightroom etc. But then with the addition of custom profiles, the user can control almost any application they choose. As a test, I created one for the ApolloOne app and it works reasonably well.

I've just had another look to see if it's possible to create a profile for Keyboard Maestro. The trouble is, the variety of things you can do are limited to:

• delays
  • keyboard shortcuts
  • Loupedeck-provided actions

I'd need to explore further, but I tried to enter a keyboard shortcut for a macro, but it triggers the macro immediately rather than getting registered by the Loupedeck software.

This is a screenshot of what happens as I press cmd-ctrl-opt-shift

CleanShot 2020-08-01 at 12.11.25

and then if I add the \ key to the mix I get my macro triggered instead of the whole key combination being saved in the Loupedeck settings app.

Presumably, if I disabled all my KM hotkeys I would then be able to enter them into the Loupedeck software. Personally, I'll just continue using my Streamdeck until some bright spark comes up with proper CT-KM integration!

With the new update from Loupedeck a few months ago, you are able to launch a Keyboard Maestro Trigger File (with the RUN command) so you should be able to run any KM actions. I just export all of the triggers to my dropbox and I am set to go.

I have to say, the hardware on the Loupdeck is amazing and the ability to have dials opens up a whole new way of customization.

1 Like

Hi! Any updates here? Can you give more examples on how you are using the wheels? TY