Macro: Defer/Snooze and Restore Mail Messages

This macro library provides a way to “snooze” messages until later. Snoozed messages will be moved into a specified folder and then restored to the Inbox at a later time. (Kind of like Google Inbox or the Mailbox application.) This gives you a quick trip to “Inbox Zero” without having to deal with every single message all at once.

This requires two or more macros - one to quickly snooze messages from Mail, and one or more macros (depending on the number of snooze schedules/folders you want) to restore messages on a regular basis.

Sounds complicated, but as you’ll see from the examples, it’s pretty straightforward. The download includes a read-me file with setup instructions including screenshots.

Download (updated 7/26): http://blog.nik.me/post/125019440542/snooze-mail-messages-until-later-using-keyboard

1 Like

I use SaneBox for this, but your version requires fewer clicks. Thanks for sharing it.

Yup. SaneBox was the inspiration. That was the only feature I used and I just couldn’t justify the monthly cost.

Only downside is that this won’t work on mobile, so I need to keep a mail client open 24/7 if I want it to run automatically.

New version just uploaded. This manages missed executions so that the restores are guaranteed to occur even if KM and/or Mail are closed during a scheduled run. Last thing you want is to over-snooze messages.

http://blog.nik.me/post/125019440542/snooze-mail-messages-until-later-using-keyboard

hi @iNik,

Your macros sound very interesting. Unable to download from your website. Can you share those here?

Thank you!

Link doesn't go anywhere...can this updated? Just discovering this six years too late lol.

Hmm... It works for me.

Oh, I see. The download link on the blog page doesn't work.

@iNik – can you upload the file to the forum please?

-Chris

@iNik Indeed that would be great. And, btw, you have a very nice blog - crappy not.
Read a few articles today.
However, a number of code links there are not downloadable any more - in case you decide to correct the dead links do share here.
Thanks.