MACRO: Display Large Text Notification v1.0

Display Large Text Notification v1.0

REQUIRES KM Version 10 and above

This should work on most recent versions of macOS, down to at least Big Sur, and possibly Catalina.

PURPOSE:

Similar to the native Display Text action with the "Display text large" setting, but with many more options.

Based on based on the original work by @martin.

OPTIONS

This is a subset of the available options:

USAGE

Click to see all the options

Click to see the documentation, which is included in the macro itself.

VERSION HISTORY

v1.0 Initial Release.

INSTALLATION

Download the macros, unzip them, and double-click the .kmmacros file. It will import 3 macros into the group "Display Large Text Notification":

• Display Large Text Notification
    • This is the main macro. Call it as a subroutine.
  • Display Large Text Notification - Demo
    • See this macro for some brief examples.
  • Display Large Text Notification Cleanup
    • Used internally.
  • Display Large Text Notification - Reveal Macro Palettes
    • Hopefully you won't ever need this. Read the comments in this macro for an explanation.

Display Large Text Notification.v1.0.kmmacros.zip (20.1 KB)

9 Likes

May I ask a question before downloading it? In your example that says "Close and Copy buttons and Timer" did it insert the newline itself, or does the user have to insert the newlines manually? I need to ask because your subroutine includes only one visible line for "Text". Passing a multi line variable is possible in a single text box, but it's not obvious to some people.

Thank you for this macro. I love it!

1 Like

Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier - for some reason I didn't get an email notification.

If you specifically want newlines, then I would recommend using a "set variable to text" to set the multiline text, then use that as a parameter. Several of the demos do that.

If the text doesn't fit on the screen, it wraps automatically.

Hope that helps!

HUGE thanks @DanThomas!

You've found an elegant solution to one of Keyboard Maestro's most frustrating features!

1 Like

Excellent, thank you @DanThomas

3 Likes

That reminds me to compliment you on the thorough documentation and guidance within your macro. :clap:

3 Likes

Thanks - I can't help myself. :slight_smile: