Macro for Cubase app (with Metagrid Pro involved) to send a midi msg when opening specific window

Hello! First post here.

I use Keyboard Maestro and I love it. I have a question regarding KM, Cubase and Metagrid Pro.

I would like to obtain that when Cubase opens a specific page (Key Editor or Audio Editor), Keyboard Maestro detects the name of the new window that is popping up and sends a MIDI message to Metagrid.

Contextually Metagrid page changes into a new page.

What I need from Keyboard Maestro is:

Detect Cubase specific window and then send a MIDI message.

Is it possible?

I don't have Cubase, but I'll try and help.

Assuming there's something in the window title that identifies each of them, you can do something like this:

Midi Message per Window.kmmacros (36 KB)

Macro screenshot

Wow it's really what I am looking for! Thank you so much!
It makes completely sense. My only problem is I don't find a way to tell KM on what Midi port to send midi.
Love this forum

EDIT
IT WORKS!
I needed the help of the App Bome Midi Translator Pro and had to route the incoming midi signal to the midi port of Metagrid.
Thank you very very much!

1 Like

Great! If you use Bome anyway, then no problem. However, if it's constantly running in the background just for this, then you might like to have a look at the following post. With this method, no external software needs to be running in order to send midi to a chosen port.

Ignore the first bit and look at the bit about SendMidi (under the line).

I use it to select presets (via program change) on my Line 6 HX Stomp. As you can see, I'm passing the program number on as a variable from KM.

2 Likes

Wow! This is even more than I expected! I'll dive into it, thank you!!!

1 Like