Macro for Dragon

I have been away from this forum for about a year. I actually quit using KM. But I’m back. I remain forever a raw beginner.
I am trying to get a macro set up to get Dragon version 6 ( a dictation program for the Mac by Nuance).

Dragon version 6 is very unstable when I ask it to make a correction of a spelling mistake. I am trying to make a macro that allows me to type the correct text in the stickies application. I think I’m using the wrong Macro. I want to type the word, then press command a to select it. What should I be using instead of what I have?[variable macro question](https://draft.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3273558411710099222#editor/target=post;postID=4397203500402247205;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=0;src=link

I’m probably not very clear because this may not be the best way to do what I want to do anyway. I hope you understand that I’m trying to make my macro stop while I type in the correct spelling. I can’t used a fixed text because the word is always different. Then I want to start it again with a keystroke that I would always use.

I don’t know much at all about Dragon Dictation, but a lot of macros are available on the forum for it:

https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/search?q=dragon

Do any one them help?

Also, I know @Bakari45 has a lot of Dragon stuff on Mac Automation Tips

Hi Ellenm, I couldn't connect to your link—Blogger was requiring that I sign in or something. Anyway, if you want to select the last word you type—if I understand you correctly—, what I use is a macro that simulates the keystroke, Option+Shift+Left Arrow keys. That key combination selects the word.

I use a string trigger to the word selection macro. That way I don't have to look down at my keyboard in order to locate the shortcut combination for selecting the last word.

Here's the macro setup:

Now this macro can also be triggered using a custom Dragon Dictate command. I would show you how to do that, but in the recent upgrade of DD v.6, the Commands window actually won't open!

But basically it involves copying the AppleScript script for the KM macro, and pasting that script in a DD command.

Let me know if you follow so far. If I’ve misunderstood what you're looking for, just me know.

Ellenm, this part I don't understand.

Looks like there may be more questions than finished macros.

@Ellenm:

You might try this search which restricts to topics in the "macro" sub-forum:
"dragon Macro Library in:first"