Macro for Making Bullets and Lists Continue From Previous

Is there a way to use Keyboard Maestro to select continue from previous

I do this a lot and it would save me a great deal of time with a shortcut.

You may have to zoom out and give more context before anyone can understand and think about how to help you.

You are editing in plain text ? Text Editor ? MS Word ?

Something else ?

A before and after example (perhaps two screenshots ?) would help.

Sorry, to be more clear, In Pages on Mac, I often copy and paste into an outline.

This causes the outline to start over from level one. I would like to select the option from the side menu in Format "Continue from previous"

It would be nice to be able to have another macro that allowed me to choose "start from"

You mentioned the name of the program you were copying from (Pages) but you didn't mention the name of the program you were copying to. You just called it "an outline".

The solution will probably require someone looking at the program you are copying to. But you haven't said what that is yet.

A picture could be extremely helpful. Do you know how to take snapshots and post them into this website? Here's a detailed page describing the best ways to get answers:

1 Like

Which application ?

Hi @ComplexPoint, @Sleepy - the op has text in the clipboard that they want to paste into an outline document in Pages, I think.

You may very well be right. If you are right, I/we could find an answer. But I don't want to seek an answer until I am sure what app he is talking about, because that would make my efforts going down the wrong path.

Most likely my next question to @ChaseJoe might be "have you figured out how to do this without a macro, (and if so, what is your solution) or are you looking for both a KM macro and a solution to the problem? If you can tell us your solution without a macro, it should be quite easy and quick to create a macro to implement your solution."