Macro Misbehaves Due to AntiVirus System

This is super helpful, next time the issues occur I'll check both of these things thank you!

So this has happened to me again today. I have the console open, no clue what I am looking at here but new lines get added every 1 second so I can't even read one line without an entire set of data pops up.

Anything I should be looking for? I tried the failing macro but just keep the same few items repeating.

• You can filter the log for errors and faults:

• Once you start scrolling the log window, the entries stop “moving”.

Yes, this is the main problem when reading logs. Unfortunately I don’t have a definitive answer for you.

But thanks to your question I did a little research and found Ulbow [direct download], an interesting app by Electic Light. As it happens, they have released a new, feature-complete, beta yesterday.

It’s a helper app, for reading system logs more efficiently.

If you’re interested:

In the accompanying PDF, read at least the sections “Start”, “Main Window Layout” and “First Time Setup”.

Then, the most important part for you comes on page 6 of the PDF:

And also the blog article for the app has some good information.

BTW, also for other readers, Electic Light has lots of useful little tools, amongst them a couple of other log readers, but also utilities for Time Machine, file tools, alias tools, tools for analyzing iCloud, permission, security or sandboxing issues, etc.

See the product page – and they’re all free. (Be prepared to invest some hours investigating all their tools :wink: )

Also their pages on Mac Problem-Solving are highly recommended.

KM uses the macOS log system. You can view it here:
GoTo menu Help > Open Logs Folder, or just open this file:
~/Library/Logs/Keyboard Maestro/Engine.log

You may also find this macro helpful:

MACRO: Display Last KM Macro Error

This is helpful. I know how I'll be spending Saturday morning.

Quick Update here.

I read a few of the issues one one of the above links and it mentioned an anti-virus software. So 7 days ago I Uninstalled intego antivirus from my Mac. So far this issue with triggering scripts has no occurred and it was occurring every day so for now I will call this a solution and thank everyone for their help!

1 Like

Yep, that’s the post I first pointed out to you 17 days ago :wink:

Great that it works now, and thanks for the feedback!