MACRO: Display Last KM Macro Error
~~~ VER: 2.0 2018-03-21 ~~~
2018-03-21 18:54 GMT-0500
- Fixed Bug caused by changes in KM logging syntax
- Added Output of last 5 logs if error can't be found.
- Change all KM Variables to Local Variables
Display Last KM Macro Error.kmmacros (33 KB)
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.
- Display Detailed Info about Last Macro Error
- Macro Group: One that is Active for ALL APPS
(I use "Global Macro Group")
- Trigger HotKey:
- Trigger by Name: "km error"
- Trigger by Status Menu
HOW TO USE:
- Immeditely after you see/hear the notification about a Macro Error, trigger this macro.
WHAT IT DOES:
- Gets the last 200 KM Engine log entries
- Filters these to remove entries with:
- "Executing macro"
- "Running application"
- Then displays the last log entry in a very readable format
- Provides you with an option to:
- Edit the Macro with the error
- Copy the Error info to the Clipboard
- Open the KM Engine Log File
TAGS: @errors @KM @Macro @Log @JXA
• Any Action in magenta color is designed to be changed by end-user
• This macro uses Google Search and Google Chrome, but can be easily changed
ACTION COLOR CODES
• To facilitate the reading, customizing, and maintenance of this macro,
key Actions are colored as follows:
• GREEN -- Key Comments designed to highlight main sections of macro
• MAGENTA -- Actions designed to be customized by user
• YELLOW -- Primary Actions (usually the main purpose of the macro)
• ORANGE -- Actions that permanently destroy Varibles or Clipboards
(1) Keyboard Maestro Ver 7.2.1+
(2) Yosemite (10.10.5)+
- KM Forum discussion, 2016-10-15
- RegEx Details and Explanation