Macro to access green window adjustment button in Finder

I have a large monitor connected to a MacBook Pro. I work from the large monitor, and do file navigation on the MacBook’s built-in monitor, which sits off to the side. I’m trying to create a macro which will activate the Finder, create a new window, and execute the “Move to Built-in Retina Display” command available from the green button at the top of the window. (See attached screenshot) I can’t figure out how to access this command with Keyboard Maestro. Is it possible? Failing that, is it possible to accomplish the same thing in a different way?

M1 MacBook Pro 14-inch
macOS Sonoma 14.0
KM 11.0.1

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 2.37.28 PM

You can use the Move and Click Mouse action but disable the click part, just do a Move. Specify its starting location at the top left of the frontmost window, then click the Get button and move your mouse to the green button. Wait for the beeping to stop, and the location will appear in the action.

(In your actual macro) your mouse is now hovering, and the menu should appear. Have the macro send Command and Down Arrow, which should select the last item in the list, then have it press Return. You might need a Pause action (or two) to let menus appear.

Note this is untested, but it works great in my head :).

-rob.

@griffman,

Now it works great not only in your head, but also on my Mac.
Thanks very much.

dp

Great that you've got it to work!
Here's my take on what you're after:

New finder window on laptop screen.kmmacros (2.2 KB)

Ha! I didn't even realize it was in the normal menus (you can tell how often I use that feature). That's a much better solution!

-rob.

1 Like

Well, duh.
I'm going to go hide now.
No more late-in-the-day forum questions for me.

1 Like