Macro to open Evernote web clipper extension in safari works only on one specific web page

Hello, I wrote a macro to open the Evernote Web Clipper in safari using AppleScript

it works specifically for the window called Keyboard Maestro Discourse - Discussion forum for Keyboard Maestro, the powerful macro program for macOS. How do I generalize the script to make it work with any window in safari ie frontmost window ?
thanks in advance for your time and help

Note that I can't display the script below in code form because for some reason, it cuts off the window name

activate application "Safari"
    tell application "System Events"
    	tell process "Safari"
    		click button 1 of UI element 1 of group 4 of tool bar 1 of window "Keyboard Maestro Discourse - Discussion forum for Keyboard Maestro, the powerful macro program for macOS" 	
end tell
end tell

It is no longer necessary to use AppleScript to invoke the Evernote Web Clipper.
Open the Clipper, and then its settings, to see (and set) the keyboard shortcut to invoke the Clipper, AFTER the web page is displayed.

This is from Brave Browser, but it should work with any Web Browser that the EN Clipper supports.

I have set it to ⌃9,

1 Like

You are right.
The impetus for looking for alternate ways to trigger the Ev Clipper is that I found the delay between typing the shortcut and the appearance of the Ev Clipper HTML element (as you taught me) too long.
I find the script above significantly faster which is great when I review 20 web references in a row.
Does this make sense ?

That's strange. Using the EN Clipper shortcut key is near instantaneous for me running Google Chrome or Brave Browser. Maybe it is Safari issue.

Nope. Just tried the same in Safari, and it is also very fast.
Perhaps you need to remove and reinstall the EN Clipper in Safari. They have made some recent changes. Be sure to install from the Evernote.com site.

1 Like