Macros in a group (Enabled when Figma app is in front) stops working. Any workaround?

Hi,

I have a macro group which is supposed to work when Figma app is in front.

It works for a while (sometimes a day, sometimes a week). And then it stops working. Can't reproduce on what it depends, (i.e. restart).

After deselecting and selecting Figma (marked 1 in the screenshot) and switching between match options (marked 2 in the screenshot) group starts working, for a while.

I just can't find reliable way for it to work :frowning:

This happens only with Figma (It's built on Electron). Other groups for specific apps, works as a charm.

Any ideas how can it be fixed?

What happens when you change figure 2 to โ€œMatch by Pathโ€?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP? This is driving me absolutely bonkers!

I am having the same issue, specifically on the Figma application on the Mac (as distinct from using Figma within a browser).

Sometimes they work, sometimes not. Very simple menu shortcuts โ€” nothing fancy. It may also be worth it to know that shortcuts made using the Mac System preferences ALSO do not work in Figma.

If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be super helpful.

I'm running MacOS Catalina, 10.15.7. I have never had this difficulty before.

Hey Ron,

Did you try the suggestion in Post #2?

Have you tried matching by Bundle ID?

Before you do anything else delete the app from your macro group and recreate it.

-Chris

Thank you so much for your prompt response @ccstone!

For other reasons, I restarted my iMac and things are working as expected. Also, after a fresh look, I understand the first suggestion (I hadn't yesterday). I will try the other matching options next time things fail to work.

Two questions:

1. Do you mean for me to "delete the app from my macro group and recreate it" as the first thing I try the next time it fails? Or is that the last thing to try?

2. I don't know what it means to delete an app from my macro group. ;-(

Also, I will update this thread as I learn more. (Apparently, Figma really does not play well with others!)

Your macro group is set to work with Figma โ€“ right?

Like this, except with Figma โ€“ yes?

You can reset the app reference by:

1. Changing the ref to another app and back again.
  2. Deleting the ref and recreating it. (Minus button, then Plus button)

This is the first thing I'd try, and I'd try using the Bundle-ID option.