MalwareBytes Scheduler

Hi all,

Just made my first macro. I wanted to set it up for my clients so it runs Malware Bytes once a week. I know it's very rudimentary, so any feedback or suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

Malware Bytes.kmmacros (6.0 KB)

3 Likes

It is better to use the Activate Application action rather than the Open File action to launch an application. In particular, the “Default Application” for applications is not always something sensible, so the application may end up being opened as a document is some random application. If you do use the Open File action, you should explicitly open the app with the Finder.

Other than that, it looks good.

When posting to the forum, select the macro itself and Share to Forum. You have shared the actions, which can be useful but for a full macro like this sharing the macro itself is generally better. Depending on the trigger, you may want to either disable the macro or adjust the triggers to something safe before posting as well (eg, if you have configured it to run the macro at 8am every morning, you would not want to leave that enabled when posting the macro as the user might download it at 7:59 and have it run immediately and unexpectedly).

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

I went ahead and made the changes as recommended. Please let me know if that looks right!

Also I accidentally posted my first post without any attachments. Is there a way I can delete it?

Looks good.

I deleted it for you.

1 Like