Mathematical

Is there a macro to perform calculations, so I can highlight the numbers and it can spit out the calculation

What is the format of the arithmetic expressions which you hope to copy and evaluate ?

( You would, as always, need to show us some particular examples )

In what application (or, if in a browser, on what web page(s)) are you highlighting arithmetic expressions ?

(Presumably more than "numbers", or it would not be clear what you wanted to derive from them – sum ? product ? mean ? mode ? etc etc ?)

@rajat_bhatt

1+2+100

(additions/summation)

Ok, but how do you want to interact with the calculation? If you just want to see the result you can do something like this:

Calculate.kmmacros (20 KB)

Macro screenshot

There's probably a more efficient way of doing that, but it works.

Don't know about more efficient, but the variable-averse amongst us can drop the first action and reference the clipboard directly:

calcFromClip

For extra points (and added confusion later!) you can strip the macro to:

And, for funsies, in a editable text document you could do:

1 Like

That first one's what I was reaching for but I don't feel too bad for being confused. I forgot the syntax and tried %Calculate%SystemClipboard% in a Set variable to text action, rather than CALCULATE(%SystemClipboard%) in a Set variable to Calculation action).

Please describe, in detail, what you're trying to do, with screenshots... or you're not going to get very far.

see above

Download this macro and try it out:

Calculator.kmmacros (20 KB)

Macro screenshot

It's working well now, I got it on the global application palette but it's not showing up on the menu bar, any suggestions ?

Thanks, this issue has been resolved.

1 Like

There is a text base calculator with app web-app and cli:

1 Like