Merge Multiple working Macros not working

Hi,
have multiple macros all working perfectly.

1. Open Screenshot
  2. Copy its contents
  3. Bring focus back on Word on other screen and go down a line
  4. Paste then move the mouse back to other screen

Ive tried to copy as well as create from scratch a single Macro that does all and can't get past the 1st step. Ive added Pauses in between anything to no avail.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Todd

Can you post the individual macros? How many are there? It's pretty hard to help without seeing exactly what your macros are doing.

-rob.

sure can is there any specific way of posting my macros? like I said there is only 4

4 paste.kmmacros (3.0 KB)
3 word.kmmacros (3.2 KB)
2 Copy.kmmacros (2.2 KB)
1 Open Screenshot.kmmacros (2.5 KB)

and this is my attempt at putting all in to the 1 macro

notice the numbers are the order in which they need to go
All Above.kmmacros (6.6 KB)

Thank you

Thanks ... so you're saying the merged one won't even open the Screenshot app? It stops on the first action?

-rob.

It opens Screnshot app then does nothing else

I can sort of confirm your claim. What it does for me is open the Screenshot app then, since you specified a timeout of 20 seconds, it waits 20 seconds then triggers a failure with a message. It triggers a failure regardless of whether I succeed at taking a screen shot or not. I have no idea why it's failing. But I don't use that app, because if your goal is to take a screenshot, then (I believe) you are doing it wrong. You should use the built-in KM Screen Capture action. You can do that with a single action instead of 12 actions.

Thanks @Airy I'll check it out. Like I said it works when I have each action in a seperate Macro. I just select 1 button on my Streamdeck, then the next for another 3 times and have no issues.

Screenshot is a background-only app -- it never actually "comes to the front" (try it in eg the Finder -- the Finder's menu bars remain after launching Screenshot), so KM doesn't know the "Activate Screenshot" has completed successfully. Eventually it times out and errors, stopping your macro dead.

Simple fix -- click the action's "Options" button and select "Set Action Timeout..."

...and change the settings to:

You can play with the number of seconds to make sure Screenshot has enough time to launch before the Return key is pressed.

Is there a particular reason to be using Screenshot, though? KM has its own, comprehensive, "Screen Capture" action that will save you a lot of trouble (and there's always the shell's screencapture utility if you want more options, search the Forum for how to use it).

Thanks @Nige_S for the comprehensive explanation.

I wasn't aware of Screen Capture and will use that in the future.

Cheers

Todd