Monospaced Font for Clipboard Viewer?

Is it possible to set a monospaced font for the clipboard viewer?

Something like this would be nice:

You can change the fonts in some places with terminal commands.
See here: manual:Preferences [Keyboard Maestro Wiki]
But I do not see the clipboard viewer mentioned unfortunately.

1 Like

Created a named clipboard. Formatted the content with Courier, but it isn’t sticky.

I don't think you can set a default for unstyled text (unless it's a hidden hidden preference!) but it's an easy macro. I've include the "Delete Past Clipboard" action so you can copy something, view it monospaced, but still paste the original afterwards:

View Clipboard Monospaced.kmmacros (1.7 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you @Nige_S. Do you happen to know a way to set the tab width too?

I could add extra spaces after the shorter words, but that's clumsy.

Let Unix do the work! Put this action at the start of the macro:

columnsAction

(That's a typed Tab character between the double-quotes.)

And you need to add another "Delete clipboard" to account for the extra clipboard change.

Full macro is:
View Clipboard Monospaced Columns.kmmacros (2.6 KB)

The last line of your input text must include an end-of-line marker else the "Execute Shell Script" action will error with "line too long". If the EoL isn't guaranteed to be present you should add one with a "Set System Clipboard to: %SystemClipboard%%LineFeed%" action or similar.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

You do know you can set a text style in a Display Text action, and text displayed with it will respect that style – yes?

Display Styled Text.kmmacros (8.1 KB)
Keyboard Maestro Export

If you prefer the HUD style of the clipboard viewer window then @Nige_S' method is the way to go, but keep in mind that you have options.

Keyboard Maestro's display text window will let you copy data out of it – unlike the clipboard viewer window.

-Chris

2 Likes

Missed that! Nice...

1 Like