Move and Resize Window fails to activate after Activate Calendar/etc

I’ve just started to expand my understanding of KM by following MacSparky’s Window management YouTube tutorial which I think is extremely clear. Unfortunately, the example he offers doesn’t work on my system. In order to achieve both actions (Activate Calendar and then Move and Resize Front Window), I have to enter the trigger string twice. First, it activates the app to its previous position. Then it moves the window but only after I’ve entered the trigger string again. I assume I’m making a simple mistake somewhere.

Howdy, welcome to the forum! As you might have already figured out, this is a great community full of people who love to help.

If possible, post the macro itself so we can take a look at it and see what might be going wrong. As one of the moderators likes to say, "If we're not testing we're guessing, and guessing often wastes people's valuable time". :laughing: If you need help on how to post the macro, just let us know and we can walk you through it.

If you haven’t had the opportunity to read this tutorial, I highly recommend it. It will help you get the most help for your question.

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

All that being said, if you are attempting to activate an app, and then move it, you might/likely need some form of a pause between the activate and move actions. See the pause until action entry in the Wiki for a little more info.

-Chris

1 Like