Move current app to new desktop

I like using full screen mode and easily switch between apps with multi-finger swipe on trackpad.
My one complaint is the menu bar.
I prefer to see it always on top for 2 reasons:

1. I use the clock and other icon information.
  2. Firefox puts tabs at very top and every time I go to click a tab, the menu pops up and I have to wait a fews seconds for it to disappear.

The work around is to create a new desktop in Mission Control, drag the app to the new desktop, use Shift-Option when clicking Green button to maximize window.

Is it possible to create a KM shortcut that would move the current app to a new desktop and maximize the window?
Additionally, I use multiple monitors, so I would want the new desktop to be on the same monitor as the app is currently display.

Thanks,
brettd0g

Short Answer: definite maybe :wink:

Apple has not given us much automation control over desktops/spaces, so it is very hard to consistently control them via scripts or KM.

However, you can set which desktop an app opens in.

1. Open the Desktop
  2. Open the app in that Desktop
  3. Right-click on the app icon in the Dock, and set Options:

Close the app and switch to another Desktop.
Now, every time you open the app (FF in this case) it will open in that Desktop.

Will this do what you need?

Here is a macro that launches an app in a given Desktop. Maybe you could use that as a starting point:

MACRO: Open Safari in Desktop 2

I will try out the Macro and see if I can get it close enough.
Does the desktop already have to be open to use it?
What I mean is, if I have FF set for Desktop 4, and I rebooted with only 2 desktops open,
will a new Desktop be opened called Desktop 4 or do I need to have all the desktops open first?

I probably need to run my own tests to see, I just need to carve out some time.

Thanks,
Brett

I don't know for sure, but I think it should work.
The key is that you have previously created a shortcut key for the Desktop of interest. That Desktop does NOT have to be showing when the macro is run.