Continuing the discussion from KM Engine Crash Report:
This macro is one of the most useful/helpful that I have built.
Conceptually, it is very simple: When a new window receives focus (like from the App Switcher), OR the window is moved, move the mouse to a preset location relative to that window.
I have two very large (27-in) monitors. Although I have set my mouse movement/acceleration to high speed, it is still a chore to move it quickly and accurately from one monitor to the other. So as soon as I open (or move) a window somewhere else, the mouse it immediately moved to a consistent location for that window.
This is even helpful moving between apps/windows on one large monitor.
I have two main options for its behavior:
Move the mouse to:
- A preset location relative to the window for each app
- The last position of the mouse for each app
I don't think I'm quite ready to publish this macro yet. There are some edge cases that can give it fits, and I'm still making some adjustments and giving it a thorough testing. Here are my Release Notes (which may not be 100% up-to-date). Maybe they will help your understanding.
Feel free to ask questions.
- Move the Mouse to Follow Activation of Different Window
HOW TO USE:
- ENABLE MACRO
- Macro Group -- Put in a Global Macro Group, available to ALL Apps
- Activate a Different Window (other than by Mouse Click)
- For Each App, you will be prompted to Set Mouse Position for Preset Mode.
- You can set Mouse Position Relative to any corner of the Window
- You can choose "None" -- Mouse will NOT be moved when in Preset Mode
- You can choose "Off" -- Mouse will NOT be moved in either Preset or Last Mode
Toggle MMF_Method ([PRESET] / [LAST]) -- Trigger maco by hot key ^⌥END
Toggle Macro On/Off -- Trigger Macro by Name
- Similar to actual Enable/Disable, except the first few Macro Actions still run
- Then Macro is Canceled
Set PRESET Mouse Position for an App -- Trigger macro by ^⌥HOME
- This actually triggers a Sub-Macro: "@MOU Update List of PRESET Mouse Positions Relative to Window"
WHAT IT DOES:
- NORMAL CASE
IF a Different Window is Activated by any Method OTHER than Mouse Click
- IF DND_MMF__Method =
- Move Mouse to Preset Location for that App, unless App Setting is "None" or "Off"
- Move Mouse to Last Location for that App, unless App Setting is "Off"
- IF Mouse MoveTo Position is outside of Window, set to Center of Window
- Window Activated by Mouse Click -- Do NOT Move Mouse
- Macro is Off (DND_MMF__On = FALSE) -- Do NOT Move Mouse
- Macro is Canceled for Special Cases
(see Comment "CANCEL FOR SPECIAL CASES")
- Non-standard Window
- Window changes too fast
- Certain Windows for Google Chrome
- Window is In-Process of being Manually Moved/Resized